Ataxia Clinics are specialty clinics committed to providing specialized medical care for people affected with cerebellar ataxia. Clinics are devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of ataxias as well as prevention and management of complications affecting this group of patients. Patients with the many types of rare ataxias can benefit from multidisciplinary specialists, which often include genetic counselors, speech therapist, physical therapists and other specialists who are devoted to their care and treatment.
- University of Arizona Medical Center - Vertigo and Ataxia Clinic - Dr. Terry Fife
- UCLA Ataxia Center - Dr. Susan Perlman or Dr. Brent Fogel
- Stanford Movement Disorders Center - Dr. Rosalind Chuang
- UCSF Neurogenetics Cognitive & Movement Disorder Clinic | UCSF Memory and Aging Center
- University of Colorado - Dr. Abigail Collins
To schedule an appointment to see Dr. Abigail Collins please call Holly Williams at 720-848-2132.
- USF Ataxia Research Center - Dr. Theresa Zesiewicz
- University of Florida Ataxia Center of Excellence, Gainesville, FL - Dr. SH Subramony or Dr. Tetsuo Ashizawa
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL – Dr. Puneet Opal
- University of Chicago Ataxia Center - Dr. Christopher Gomez
- Johns Hopkins University Ataxia Center - Dr. Liana Rosenthal & Dr. David S. Zee
- Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Neurology Ataxia Unit - Dr. Jeremy Schmahmann
- Balance Disorders (Ataxia) Clinic at the University of Michigan - Dr. Vikram Shakkottai
- University of Minnesota Ataxia Center - Dr. Khalaf Bushara
- Albany Medical College Department of Neurology Ataxia Clinic – Dr. Arnulf Koeppen
A referral is required. To schedule an appointment to see Dr. Koeppen call 518-262-0800.
- Columbia University Division of Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders - Dr. Sheng Han Kuo
- University or Rochester Medical Clinic-Periodic Paralysis, Myotonia and Episodic Ataxia Clinic - Dr. Robert Griggs
- Neurology Clinic-Movement at UT Southwestern - Dr. Pravin Khemani
- University of Utah Healthcare Movement Disorders Clinic - Dr. Stefan Pulst