NAF hosts educational webinars about Ataxia presented by industry experts. Learn about important topics related to living with Ataxia. Webinars are complimentary for NAF members. Join NAF to receive notices about upcoming Ataxia webinars.
Live webinars are only available to NAF members. However, most are recorded and made available to anyone here. Browse the topics below to view a past webinar. Check back at a later date for new webinars.
Closed captioning is available on all webinar recordings. Enable closed captioning within the YouTube video be selecting “CC” in the menu across the bottom of the video.
Recently Featured Ataxia Webinars
COVID Vaccines and Ataxia
Should a person with Ataxia receive a COVID vaccine? Do the vaccines affect Ataxia symptoms? This webinar explores the answers to your questions. It was an interactive session with many opportunities to ask Ataxia and virology experts the things you wanted to know.
Living Well with Ataxia:
A Palliative Care Approach
Palliative care is a medical specialty that focuses on matching the values and goals of the patient to the treatment plan. It seeks to address all forms of suffering (physical, psychological, spiritual, practical) with the use of an interdisciplinary team and tries to facilitate having more good days than bad. This approach can be especially helpful for patients and families living with Ataxia.
All Past Webinars
- COVID Vaccines and Ataxia – Pravin Khemani, MD, FAAN; Jeremy Schmahmann, MD, FAAN, FANA, FANPA; and Boris Juelg, MD, PhD
- Virtual 2021 Annual Ataxia Conference Sneak Peek – NAF Staff, Carole Garner
- Why Participate in Ataxia Research: Thoughts from the READISCA Study – Tetsuo Ashizawa, MD, FAAN, Gülin Öz, PhD, and Henry Paulson, MD, PhD
- Occupational Therapy Strategies for Improving Daily Living Independence – Jessica Wilchinski, OTR/L and Marlena Barbera, OTR/L, CLT
- The Voices of People with Ataxia: An Introduction to Patient Focused Drug Development – James E. Valentine, J.D., M.H.S., and Larry Bauer
- Hill Day Advocacy Webinar – NAF and FARA
- Pharmaceutical Industry Panel – George (Chip) Wilmot, MD, PhD, Melissa Beiner, MD, and Michael Curtis, PhD
- Adaptive Recreation – Linda Snider, Chelsea Elder, Michael Cammer, and David Thomson
- 10 Basic Financial Steps for Special Needs Caregivers – Kelly Piacenti and Jerry Hulick, CLU, ChFC, ChSNC, CLTC
- Living Well with Ataxia: A Palliative Care Approach – Christina Vaughan, MD, MHS
- Strategies for Home Management of Speech, Swallowing, and Cognitive Deficits – Amanda Gallagher, MA, CCC-SLP
- Clinical Care for Ataxia – Abigail Collins, MD, Trevor Hawkins, MD, and Lauren Seeberger, MD
- Living and Coping with Ataxia – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN, Charlotte DePew, Destinee Juarez, and Deserae Anderson
- COVID-19 and Ataxia – Pravin Khemani, MD, FAAN and Jeremy D. Schmahmann, MD, FAAN, FANA, FANPA
- Genetic Testing – Emily Todd, MS, CGC
- Mobility & Exercise: Strategies to Keep Moving While “Sheltering in Place” – Jennifer Millar, MSPT and Jennifer Keller, PT, MS
- A Wholehearted Life: One Step at at Time – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN
- Patients as Research Collaborators – Dr. Pravin Khemani, David Brunnert, Sandy Read, and Julie Geye
- Drug Development: Ataxia Drug Discovery Pipeline – Dr. Susan Perlman and Dr. Vikram Shakkottai
- Ataxia Research Comes Full Circle – Dr. Harry Orr
- Your Voice in Drug and Therapy Development – Dr. Jeremy Schmahmann
- Clinical Trials in Ataxia: Hope, Opportunity, and Caveats – Dr. Vikram Shakkottai, Laura Ruggiero, and Ken Jones
- Dietary Considerations in Ataxia – Dr. Susan Perlman
- Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Ataxia – Dr. Kristin Barañano and Dr. Eric Chin