NAF hosts educational webinars about Ataxia presented by industry experts. Learn about important topics related to living with Ataxia. Webinars are complimentary for NAF members. Join NAF to receive notices about upcoming Ataxia webinars.
Past Ataxia Webinars
Live webinars are only available to NAF members. However, most are recorded and made available to anyone here. Browse the topics below to view a past webinar. Check back at a later date for new webinars.
Ataxia Drug Discovery Pipeline
Pharmaceutical companies describe the drug development process as a “pipeline.” Now that we have emerging Ataxia medications “in the pipeline” – we need to know that that means. Dr. Perlman and Dr. Shakkottai will take us through the process and help us understand how a rare disease fits into the model systems that pharmaceutical companies use to get a medication to the market.
Your Voice in Drug and Therapy Development
In modern medical research and treatment discovery, patients are research collaborators. Scientists and industry cannot make their discoveries without the collaboration of individuals affected by the disease. They are the true experts. Learn why people with Ataxia are the key to finding treatments and what you can do to become a research collaborator.
All Past Webinars
- Clinical Care for Ataxia – Abigail Collins, MD, Trevor Hawkins, MD, and Lauren Seeberger, MD
- Living and Coping with Ataxia – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN, Charlotte DePew, Destinee Juarez, and Deserae Anderson
- COVID-19 and Ataxia – Pravin Khemani, MD, FAAN and Jeremy D. Schmahmann, MD, FAAN, FANA, FANPA
- Genetic Testing – Emily Todd, MS, CGC
- Mobility & Exercise: Strategies to Keep Moving While “Sheltering in Place” – Jennifer Millar, MSPT and Jennifer Keller, PT, MS
- A Wholehearted Life: One Step at at Time – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN
- Patients as Research Collaborators – Dr. Pravin Khemani, David Brunnert, Sandy Read, and Julie Geye
- Drug Development: Ataxia Drug Discovery Pipeline – Dr. Susan Perlman and Dr. Vikram Shakkottai
- Ataxia Research Comes Full Circle – Dr. Harry Orr
- Your Voice in Drug and Therapy Development – Dr. Jeremy Schmahmann
- Clinical Trials in Ataxia: Hope, Opportunity, and Caveats – Dr. Vikram Shakkottai, Laura Ruggiero, and Ken Jones
- Dietary Considerations in Ataxia – Dr. Susan Perlman
- Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Ataxia – Dr. Kristin Barañano and Dr. Eric Chin